This online course, which includes an on-site assessment at Choice Training in Dagenham, will provide you with the City & Guilds domestic heating and plumbing Level 3 Qualification.
The course covers the essential knowledge and skills needed for a successful career in domestic plumbing and heating. Areas of study include:
- Domestic hot and cold water systems
- Central heating systems
- Sanitation systems
- Environmental technologies
The NVQ Level 3 plumbing and heating qualification is aimed at anyone who has already completed the Level 2 qualification, or who already has some relevant experience and knowledge.
If you have any questions at all about this course, is it what you need, will it help your career go where you want it to or anything about the course, do give us a call on 0203 719 5639 or drop us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 is ideal if you are working within the plumbing and heating trade and have a great deal of technical skills and knowledge. You work with minimum supervision and have a good record of safety, fault correction and ensuring that work meets the required standard.
By the end of this course you will:
- understand and carry out electrical work on domestic plumbing and heating systems and components
- Service and maintain domestic oil firing pressure jet appliances
- install, commission and handover ‘active’ solar thermal hot water systems
- know the requirements to install, commission and handover rainwater harvesting and greywater reuse systems.
The course has Three parts:
- Theory: ( Exams)
- Cold Water Systems
- Hot Water
- Sanitation Systems
- Solar systems
- College portfolio
- Basic soldering and threading techniques
- Bending copper and LCS
- Bathroom Installations
- Cylinder installation
- Maintenance of taps, valves etc.
- Basins, baths, sinks, WCs
- Soil Stacks
- Cold water cisterns
- Work Evidence portfolio (All the following will be fully explained when you attend our Training Centre in Dagenham. And all the skills you need to carry out these tasks will be taught to you):
Evidence of various work carried out on cold, hot, heating & Drainage systems. The portfolio of evidence you carry out, undertaking various tasks, does not need to be during paid work, it can be from your work in your own home.
You will get our full support all the way through the course.
( you have a 3 years to gain this evidence if needed)