This online course, which also includes being able to have on-site assessments and the taking of the Exam for each module, during your course at our Dagenham Training Centre. This course will provide you with the City & Guilds Diploma in Heating and Ventilating Industrial and Commercial Installation Level 3 Qualification.
This is the FULL LEVEL 3 NVQ H&V course that is needed for a Skills Card.
The course covers the essential knowledge and skills needed for a successful career in industrial plumbing and heating. There are three key parts to this course:
- Theory (exams)
- Industrial and commercial Hot Water Systems
- Industrial and commercial Cold Water systems
- Industrial and commercial Heating Systems
- The maintenance of these systems
- Chilled water systems
- Electrical Systems
- Fuel systems (gas, oil and solid fuels)
- College portfolio
This will include the installation of Cold, Hot and Heating to an unvented cylinder and the full writing of all electrical components including the boiler.
- Work Evidence portfolio
Evidence of various work carried out on cold, hot, heating or chilled systems
(you have a 3 years to gain this evidence if needed)
The NVQ Level 3 Heating and Ventilating Industrial and Commercial Installation qualification is aimed at anyone who has already completed the Level 2 qualification, or who already has some relevant experience and knowledge.
Level 3 is ideal if you are working within the plumbing and heating trade and have a great deal of technical skills and knowledge. You work with minimum supervision and have a good record of safety, fault correction and ensuring that work meets the required standard.
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand and carry out electrical work on Industrial and or plumbing and heating systems and components
- Service and maintain industrial and or domestic oil firing pressure jet appliances
- install, commission and handover ‘active’ solar thermal hot water systems
- know the requirements to install, commission and handover rainwater harvesting and greywater reuse systems.